Vegarlson Asylum Re-Launch

Started by Ender, July 06, 2021, 06:23:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ender

Hello again, everyone!

As you may or may not have heard by now, we've been working diligently for the last couple months on updating the Vegarlson Asylum server.

The new details can be found on the server info page. It's very much the same as what you're used to, but the following points are very key.

• Totally rebuilt on using a much newer database
  • No longer using legacy mod for combat system
  • Ability to use some old zones that didn't exist before
  • LDoN (kind of) works. In development much more actively in the EMU project
  • Option to use direct VA login server (instead of having to use the standard EMU one - which is screwy a lot for me)

The rebuild is nearing completion and I'm very pleased with where it's at. I would say the server should be ready to re-launch within a couple weeks. We're just finalizing things like spawn times and still tracking down out of era NPCs and things like that.

So now, the big question - and the one I ask to all of you. What kind of re-launch should this be? I see a few options.

• Leave all characters intact. All items, AAs, skills, etc. stay the same from the old VA.
  • Import characters with limited data. Could be without gear/AAs, etc.
  • All characters back to level 1. Could do something like that and keep keyring/flags (and maybe avatar aug(?).
  • Total clean restart.

As I say; this is a question for all of you. You're the ones that spent the time to level up your characters, and you're ultimately the ones that will make the server successful again or not.

I welcome all feedback, and greatly appreciate all of you! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the matter.
- Ender & The Vegarlson Team
Ender - Lead GM/Developer
Vegarlson Asylum Server
https://vegarlson-server.org/

Kreacher

Leave all characters intact. All items, AAs, skills, etc. stay the same from the old VA.

That gets my vote.

Hollowendz

Leave all characters intact. All items, AAs, skills, etc. stay the same from the old VA.

Gets my vote too

Not that I have much (I never got to strip my bots a few years back), but if I want to start fresh, I can always make a new character.

Boddy

My vote is to leave all characters intact. All items, AAs, skills, etc. stay the same from the old VA.

Sloppy

My vote is:

Too much time invested, and makes me shudder thinking of the delete button.

That being said I do wish for a healthy population and plenty of fresh blood, the zones have been empty for too long!

Long live VA!

Ender

As most of you probably know, we elected to keep everything. :)
Ender - Lead GM/Developer
Vegarlson Asylum Server
https://vegarlson-server.org/